Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I think I have carpal tunnel so I'm dictating this post

Today at work I felt a rather disturbing numbness running from my thumb through my forearm. Extensive Internet research indicates that I have carpal tunnel syndrome. Either that, or according to Web MD, I'm having a stroke. It says MD so it must be right.

Instead of going to a doctor, I'm testing out the simple dictation feature on the Mac to help me write my book. My deadline scoffs at excuses. Turns out, it's not an ideal technology for writing a book, at all. Whatsoever. Or for writing a blog. This is taking fucking forever.

It's this one. You probably recognize it from such well-known places as your iPhone.


However the technology's grasp of individual words and phrases is pretty good, and it doesn't shy away from curse words obviously.

 Let's test this motherfucker. Poop.

Note: my diction is pretty good, and my accent is uncomplicated by Cupertino, California standards.

Self-flagellation  =   correct!

Abdel Fatah al-Sisi  = Of Dell Fatah LCC

What in the ever loving fuck is going on with my hand = correct!

This shit is mad fluvial = correct!

The lyrics to "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie:

We're going to Pozzi Kallaramo fiesta forever come on and seeing and long on my long on nine long Hey man jumbo jumbo.


Things apparently start to fall apart when you sing to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment